Re: [gdm-list] a few gdm changes

On Dec 13, 2007 5:04 PM, Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron sun com> wrote:

> I really appreciate you helping with this.  Did you also add Failsafe
> login support.  Note it would be nice to add a feature to be able to
> configure which terminal program is used.  The old GDM always uses
> xterm, which is not accessible.  It would be nice if GDM could be
> configured to use gnome-terminal instead.  KDE users would probably
> want to stick to xterm or something else.

Well, you can add whatever sessions you want, since they are defined
by desktop files, just like in the current gdm. But note that from the
perspective of a nontechnical user, the "Failsafe" login that just
gives you a terminal is just as broken as a nonbooting machine.

> Note that if you are using any custom widgets, that this probably means
> extra work will need to be done to make them work with a11y.  It's best
> to avoid using custom widgets unless we plan to invest the extra effort
> to make them a11y.  One of the advantages of using the stock widgets is
> that they "just work" with a11y (for the most part).  I'm not sure if
> you are using custom widgets, but I wanted to highlight that issue.
> Also we need to ensure that the interface is completely navigable via
> the keyboard.

Rays chooser is still a treeview, so existing a11y applies just fine.

Matthias