[gdm-list] a few gdm changes

Hi guys,

So last week I wanted to hook up the session chooser.  I started
looking into the code and noticed that it had a lot of duplication
with the user chooser.  I guess it's pretty inevitable since the tree
view requires a lot of boiler plate to get up and running.  Anyway, I
tried to abstract out most of the bits that are in common into a
"chooser" widget which is just a view and model together that supports
the shrinking behavior found in the user-chooser.  It also adds
mnemonics, which are pretty important for ally I think.

I also added some hoaky animations to it.  It's not really a general
purpose widget, just something that's useful in the context of the gdm
greeter.

In the name of hoaky animations, I made the login window slide to fit
its contents as the contents change.   Not sure if the animations are
a good idea but they look pretty nice on my laptop.  if they're
something we want to keep then we should fix them  up to run in
constant time instead of "go until done".

When adding the session-chooser to glade file I noticed we didn't use
glade's "Custom Widget" feature, so I made a change to do that
instead.

Anyway, now that I've got the session chooser added, I'm not sure I
really like it.  Most of the time the user just doesn't care.  Maybe
it shouldn't be in typical view?  Another question, is where should we
put language and keyboard choosers?  I guess since they all have to do
with the current use they should be grouped some how.  Does anyone
have any opinions? We could do keyboard like gnome-screensaver does
(as a little icon next to the input entry), although I'm not sure it's
very discoverable there.

I've put up a tiny build fix, too, that kjartan found and mentioned
to me on irc.

http://www.gnome.org/~halfline/1-configure-fix.patch
http://www.gnome.org/~halfline/2-new-chooser-widget.patch
http://www.gnome.org/~halfline/3-switch-user-chooser-over.patch
http://www.gnome.org/~halfline/4-switch-session-chooser-over.patch
http://www.gnome.org/~halfline/5-dont-shrink-in-test-program.patch
http://www.gnome.org/~halfline/6-session-chooser-in-login-window.patch
http://www.gnome.org/~halfline/7-login-window-animation.patch

Thoughts?

--Ray

(Note: I split the patches out afterward, so I haven't tested it with
only some of the patches applied)