Re: [gdm-list] at-spi-registryd not starting automatically in gdm [was multiple at-spi...]

Hello,

I may have approached the problem.

In gdmlogin.c in the function pre-atspi_launch:

ORIGINAL:

The line
command = g_strdup (LIBEXECDIR "/at-spi-registryd");
gives:
/usr/local/libexec/at-spi-registryd

Moreover, the error argument of g_spawn_async() returned:
Failed to execute child process "/usr/local/libexec/at-spi-registryd" (No such file or directory)

MODIFICATION:

So I commented out the line
command = g_strdup (LIBEXECDIR "/at-spi-registryd");
and modified the declaration of command to:
char *command = "/usr/lib/at-spi/at-spi-registryd";
(This is the location of at-spi-registryd on my Ubuntu installation.)

Now I get the XEVIE error (see my previous email) in the terminal where I launch ./gdmlogin, but at-spi-registryd gets started.

LIBEXECDIR

I have no clue at the moment, where LIBEXECDIR resides and how to correct the problem.

Cheers

Francesco