[gdm-list] enhance gestures to start and quit applications [was multiple at-spi...]

Hello,

At 12:08 PM -0500 8/28/07, Brian Cameron wrote:
Lets first get things working with the gesture listeners, then we can
discuss further how to make things available to users who don't read
the documentation.

I'd like to get patches upstream so that configure can identify (or
be configured with options) to specify which on-screen-keyboard
program should be used in the gesture listener configurations.  I'd
like to see that done first.

The change probably wouldn't be too significant.  Note the code in
gdm2/gui/modules.  The keymouselistener.c file and the dwellmouselistener.c
are the two gesture listener code.  You'll notice the code isn't very large.
It wouldn't be too difficult to make the programs remember which gestures
they've started by process id.  Then it should kill that pid when it
receives the same gesture a second time.  It should probably toggle back
and forth so if I hit the gesture a 3rd time it starts, 4th time it
kills, etc.

No volunteer on this list with the necessary skills?
;-)

I did only little C development several years ago; moreover it was for another platform, not gtk related. So I don't know if I will be able to do it myself...

As I am leaving for holidays next week, I will not decide anything about it until I am back in mid September...

Francesco