Re: [gdm-list] My questions

One final note.  One of the really nice byproducts of doing
smartcard authentication in a PAM module is that you can
not only affect gdm, but screen lockers as well.  It would
be pretty sad if we fixed up gdm to allow you to login with
a smartcard, but once your screen got locked you had to
type in a password to unlock it.  By doing this in a PAM module,
and placing that PAM module on both gdm and the screen-locker's
stack, smartcard-insertion suddenly works for login as well
as screen unlock.

-Bob