Re: gdm console login

Hai:

I added a new option to gdmflexiserver in CVS head called "--startnew"
which causes gdmflexiserver to just go ahead and start a new flexiserver
without asking the user if they want to start an existing session.  Could
you test this and make sure it works with xscreensaver for me?

Thanks!

Brian

As you've said, this isn't really an option for the _users_ who want the
graphical login. It's for the _admin_ who wants to do something quickly, and for whatever reason doesn't want to or cannot use xterm. That doesn't mean the admin should not run gdm on their user's system, because they don't
want a graphical login.

I'm fully agree. For example I have application that configures the
system, but it can not run together with X. So such console login
would be perfect solution instead of run-level change.
The power of the feature is not that you can get console quickly, but
that you can shutdown X temporary.

--
Zaar