Re: Applications won't run with explicit display parameter when GDM is used.

>I've run into a strange problem and I'm hoping to find a solution in this
>list. My problem goes like this. When I start an X session with GDM, I
>cannot run applications with the display argument. For example:
>
>xclock -display localhost:0
>
>Produces:
>
>Error: Can't open display: localhost:0

Looks like your X server is getting started with a '-nolisten tcp'

That put me on the track. It lead me to the DisallowTCP option in gdm.conf. I set it to false. It implicitely set to true by default.

Thanks a lot!

MSN Messenger : discutez en direct avec vos amis ! http://messenger.fr.msn.ca/