Re: [gDesklets] Getting 0.36.3 out there...

Hi Bjoern,

Sorry it took me so long to respond.  It's been a busy week.

On 11/15/2010 05:37 AM, Bjoern Koch wrote:
> I addad a "Makefile_bascidesklets.am" into the main dir of the
> desklets-basic. This way I just hoped to integrate the files in there
> much easier by just adding it to "Makefile.am".
> Just like it is done with "Makefile_python.am".
>
> But I can't figure out how to make it work.
>
> First I got the following error from autogen.sh:
>
> Running automake-1.11...
> Makefile_basicdesklets.am:2: `basicdesklets_dist_install_DATA' is used
> but `basicdesklets_dist_installdir' is undefined
> Makefile.am:17:   `Makefile_basicdesklets.am' included from here

Ah, okay.  'dist' and 'nobase' (and 'nodist') are special prefixes, so they
have to come first in the variable name.  By the way, 'nobase' means "don't
remove the path information specified for each file.  Do you usually check
out the basic desklets into the root directory of the gdesklets source tree?
 If so, I'd suggest renaming it to 'nobase_dist_basicdesklets_DATA' and
define 'basicdeskletsdir = ${installdir}' in Makefile.am

So I'm assuming there will be a new directory in the root gD source
directory 'Desklets'.  I'm thinking your new file should look like:

nobase_dist_basicdesklets_DATA = \
 Displays/Clock/clock.display \
 Displays/...

This should create the Displays directory in the distribution file.

And I'm not sure why 'make dist-bzip2' doesn't work.  I tried to set it up
to make a bz2 by default, but it looks like 'make dist' will only create a
gz.  Will that work for now?  I'll look into it further.

Sorry for all the confusion, I was trying to make parallel compilation work
with non-recursive automake :)  Hopefully this addressed your other
questions too.  If not and you're curious, I'd be happy to try to answer
them.  You can also see [1] and [2].

Joe

[1] http://www.flameeyes.eu/autotools-mythbuster/
[2] http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~adl/autotools.html