Re: [gDesklets] DevelBook for 0.36.2

On 05/23/2010 07:43 PM, Bjoern Koch wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> just a brief information:
>
> the current version of the develbook (just updated ) as in rev. #9 is
> waiting to be downloaded:
>
> http://www.gdesklets.info/archive/develbook/
>
> But I just realized that the Controls' sections still needs to be
> updated as they can now be called without the ID.
> *sigh*

I'd been meaning to comment on this for a while, and it was recently brought
up again at [1].  How does gDesklets handle the situation when there are 2
versions of a control installed that hash to different IDs?  I believe the
original reason for the IDs was for desklets that use two different versions
of a control that have two different sets of properties available (maybe the
author of the control changed the API between versions as it evolved).  Does
one desklet then not work on some installations even though it still works
with a valid control?

I'd like to at least be clear on this before 0.36.3 so the parts of the
develbook I've touched can be accurate.

--
Joe

[1]