[gDesklets] IExec control does not get output

For some reason the IExec control I am using in my script is not
working properly with ps, top -b, or cat. Actually, the only command
I've tried that works flawlessly is ls. Most commands simply show
nothing in the gdesklet. However, when I use the command "ps | grep
ps" it will show properly but that is pretty useless and I need more
results than just one line. That would make me think there is a size
limit, but the output of ls shows just fine so I don't know what to
think. I want to show the results of "ps axf" or more preferably the
output of top if that is possible. Here is my script. Any help would
be appreciated.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<display width="500" height="500" window-flags="sticky, below">
        version="0.1"
        name="Show PS"
        category="misc/utilities"
        description="Show processes" />
    <control id="iexec" interface="IExec:8es4mvgrwsac7mp9lexx82qs9-2" />
    <label id="out" font="Sans 12" color="red" />
    <script><![CDATA[
        iexec.command = "ps ax"
        Dsp.out.value = "Output: " + iexec.output
    ]]></script>
</display>

BTW in the developer book there are examples using "print something".
I tried "print iexec.output" but that didn't do anything. So what does
print do?