Re: [gDesklets] Need help with controls to make a multiline text entry

Hello, Joe!

When looking for a calendar for me, I had 3 final options, Osmo, your
desklet and the Calendar desklet. Osmo was to big for what I wanted, but had
the moon cycle. Your calendar had desktop integration, but was bigger than
what I needed too. The Calendar had desktop integration, glass theme (that I
think is really nice), my national holydays, but I couldn't add my own
events. So I thought it was easier to add events and the moon cycle to
Calendar.
Besides that, I dont like the way you add new events in Weekly Calendar and
Osmo: you need to fill a form about it, choose a date, etc. I prefer to
simply add some lines of text to the date selected in the calendar. And show
these lines when I select the date later. This would fit better to me
because I only have some simple events to remember. And they generaly are
not associate with hour of the day.

I changed somethings and now we have a working version. Still very raw...
http://flecha.hostrator.com/GetText02.tar.gz<http://flecha.hostrator.com/GetText.tar.gz>

How to add an event:
1-Select the day in the calendar. Ex.: 30 (jan of 2009)
2-The box bellow will show "30 January 2009" "Friday"
3-Click the label "30 January 2009"
4-A window will open. Enter the text you want. You can add multiple lines.
5-To close it you need to use the "X" button. The close button is not
working... This will save the text inside the control.
6-Then click the "Friday" label, just bellow the "30 January 2009" you
clicked before. This will associate the text saved in the control with the
day.
7-To update it, change to another month and than go back to January. The
color of the day will have changed. And if you click it, you will see the
text in the lower box.

Still have to improve it, but I have some tests in the next days... so need
to study. =(