Re: [gDesklets] Trouble with homepage

2009/4/2 Bjoern Koch <H Humpel gmx de>:
> Hi there,

 Hello,

> as we now switched the owner of gdesklets.de I am still unable to set
> the DNS for gdesklets.de as my registrar does not accept IP for the
> nameserver (and I only got an IP from chirisme).

 one question, did you included the IP 62.146.33.101 in the
udagdns.net nameservers or that's what you want to achieve? I tell you
this because:
$ whois gdesklets.de
[..]
Domain:      gdesklets.de
Domain-Ace:  gdesklets.de
Nserver:     server1-ns2.udagdns.net
Nserver:     server1-ns3.udagdns.net
Nserver:     server1-ns1.udagdns.net
Changed:     2009-03-31T17:59:53+02:00

So, it was included in the DNS records, however you cannot resolve the
name :-\ IMO is due a misconfiguration in the DNS servers (The SERIAL
number wasn't changed perhaps?). Look:

$ host gdesklets.de
Host gdesklets.de not found: 2(SERVFAIL)

but ...

$ host gdesklets.de  server1-ns2.udagdns.net
Using domain server:
Name: server1-ns2.udagdns.net
Address: 62.146.33.101#53

--