Re: [gDesklets] No Control could be found for interface...

On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 22:43 -0300, Mario Gonzalez wrote:
> On 19/11/2007, Iain Buchanan <iaindb netspace net au> wrote:
> >
> > I tried downloading controls from www.gdesklets.de (is this the official
> > web page?) but I can't figure out how to "install" them - am I supposed
> > to install the required controls for each desklet?  I don't remember
> > doing that in the past.
> >

>   Maybe you can try, after unpack it, to copy the control dir inside
> your $HOME/.gdesklets/Controls dir and then restart the gdesklets

you mean download and unpack each control _as well as_ each desklet that
I want to use?  That seems a bit redundant - shouldn't the desklet
contain and install the controls that it needs?

I tried copying the unpacked control for Desklet-0.02 into
~/.gdesklets/Controls but gdesklets said

Warning: "/home/iain/.gdesklets/Controls/Desklet" is an invalid control.

All my desklets still come up with errors when I try to use them.  Here
are the errors from the Desklets Desklet.  Each separated section
appears in it's own dialog box.

================
No Control could be found for interface IDesklet:4777vk0pejvbrtctrv8t24wgj-2
/home/iain/.gdesklets/Displays/desklets_desklet/dd.display

/home/iain/.gdesklets/Displays/desklets_desklet/dd.display
>   1 desklet_control = get_control('IDesklet:4777vk0pejvbrtctrv8t24wgj-2')
================
Runtime Error
/home/iain/.gdesklets/Displays/desklets_desklet/dd.display

name 'desklet_control' is not defined
/home/iain/.gdesklets/Displays/desklets_desklet/dd.display
   14 # For preferences callback
   15 new_minimized_state = "All"
   16
   17
   18 # BINDS
>  19 desklet_control.bind("status", update_status)
   20 desklet_control.bind("list", update_list)
   21
   22
   23 init_theme()
   24
   25 # fill the showcase with all the desklets
================
Runtime Error
/home/iain/.gdesklets/Displays/desklets_desklet/dd.display

'All'
/home/iain/.gdesklets/Displays/desklets_desklet/showcase.py
  273 def open_category(name, reset_array_position = True):
  274     ''' Opens the category with the supplied name. '''
  275     global CATEGORIES, CURRENT_CATEGORY, DESKLETS
  276
  277     displays = {}
> 278     for display_name in CATEGORIES[name]:
  279         displays[display_name] = DESKLETS[display_name]
  280         print "added ", display_name, " into visibles: ",
DESKLETS[display_name]["state"]
  281
  282     fill_showcase(displays, reset_array_position)
  283     CURRENT_CATEGORY = name
  284

================
Runtime Error
/home/iain/.gdesklets/Displays/desklets_desklet/dd.display

'All'
/home/iain/.gdesklets/Displays/desklets_desklet/showcase.py
  273 def open_category(name, reset_array_position = True):
  274     ''' Opens the category with the supplied name. '''
  275     global CATEGORIES, CURRENT_CATEGORY, DESKLETS
  276
  277     displays = {}
> 278     for display_name in CATEGORIES[name]:
  279         displays[display_name] = DESKLETS[display_name]
  280         print "added ", display_name, " into visibles: ",
DESKLETS[display_name]["state"]
  281
  282     fill_showcase(displays, reset_array_position)
  283     CURRENT_CATEGORY = name
  284

could it be some python problem?  What versions are others running?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks,

This sentence no verb.