[gDesklets] No Control could be found for interface...

Hi all,

I used to use gdesklets quite a bit, then I stopped.  Now I'm back but
I'm having trouble using the desklets.

I tried 0.35.4 and 0.36 beta.  Bot give me this error when starting any
desklet:

No Control could be found for interface IExec:5vi419q1fv0vmu9wqadmetmy7
/home/iain/.gdesklets/Displays/SideCandyWireless/wireless.display

This means that a functionality won't be available during execution!

/home/iain/.gdesklets/Displays/SideCandyWireless/wireless.display
>   1 iexec =
get_control('IExec:5vi419q1fv0vmu9wqadmetmy7')

The specific details are different, but the "No control could be found"
is always there.  Obviously the desklet shows, but doesn't "work".

I tried downloading controls from www.gdesklets.de (is this the official
web page?) but I can't figure out how to "install" them - am I supposed
to install the required controls for each desklet?  I don't remember
doing that in the past.

thanks for the help,

Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages, and just scream in
another forty-four.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)