[gDesklets] Some thought on performance

Christian:
Recently, I received some feedback regarding to the performance issue on some widgets. I want to share these information with you. SideCandy clock: there should be show second option, someone think to retrieve time every second may be to expensive. SideCandy CPU: This widget is the most resource consuming widget we found so far, but the consume can be dramatically reduced if we reduce the refresh rate. So should it be better if we apply a larger fresh rate by default?

Here just my two cents.
Chris

--
Chris Wang
Software Engineer

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research,
would it? - Einstein