Re: [gDesklets] About Task

Martin Grimme wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Lauri Kainulainen schrieb:
>> On the other hand I'd prefer if we really started thinking about 0.40
>> (again :D ) and people could contribute on that. We have a roadmap and
>> all in the developer wiki, but the wiki is down. And when the wiki is
>> down, then so is the subversion repo for the prototype code.
>>
>> We should really move these both on a different 24/7 server somewhere.
>
> You're right. 0.40 got already quite far and it's time to give it more
> attention again. I think a GUI builder should be part of the 0.40
> release. On one hand, it's cool to have, and on the other hand, it's
> good for the development of the gDesklets core since bugs and missing
> features become obvious immediately. :)

Sounds very good. Integrating the builder to the release would make it
very easy to create new desklets and change the outlook of older ones.

Perhaps at some point we might even integrate the website to the GUI
builder, making it possible to directly export the created widget to the
site :)

>> Therefore I would vote for moving everything somewhere else than
>> gnome.org. There are lots of options out there (sf, freshmeat, safari,
>> etc.). IMHO one interesting option would be launchpad. By using
>> bazaar-ng we could host our own repository without changes to the server
>> environment.
>
> Launchpad really sounds like an interesting option.

And it's almost set up. Last summer I created a gDesklets-project and a
team just for testing purposes. The team is open so anyone with a
launchpad account can join -> https://launchpad.net/~gdesklets

We can do two things with the repo:
1) Mirror the SVN repo as a Bazaar branch, which AFAIK gets updated
automatically
2) svn export the current branch and create a new bazaar branch which we
can then ...
 ... 2.1) host on launchpad
 ... 2.2) host on gdesklets.org

I feel the best solution would be 2.1 since we can then grant access to
the main branch based on the members in the driving team.

> By the way, since I was not involved in the latest 0.35.x maintenance
> releases, I don't know about the current status there. What's the status
> there?

I think Chris knows best, but AFAIK we tried to release 35.4.1 but it
was mistakenly named 35.4 which caused problems with Garnome and
MD5-sums not matching. I reverted back to the original 35.4. The
difference between those is that 35.4.1 had a few extra translations.

There are still a few open bugs. Haven't really looked into those..

Br,
lauri

--
Lauri Kainulainen