Re: Background Doesn't Change via cron(8)

On Tue, 2009-10-06 at 11:53 -0400, Shawn H Corey wrote:

> I have abandoned using cron(8).  Instead, I have written my own daemon
> and since it is started from a terminal, it seems to work fine.  This is
> a stop-gap kludge but, hopefully, when 9.10 comes out, this problem will
> be fixed.  :)

I wouldn't bet on it, the problem is marked as "won't fix" and is really
a problem of unforeseen consequences of design choices, it's not a bug
because it's really intended to work like that.

I'm in favour of ripping out gconf in favour of a nice XDG config
library. But I'm not that invested in gconf and gnome devs are.

Best Regards, Martin Owens