Re: GConf+DBus in jhbuild

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 17:15 -0400, Ray Strode wrote:
> Hi,
> > Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that
> > you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS
> > locks due to a system crash. See
> > for information. (Details -  1: Could not send message to gconf daemon:
> > The name org.gnome.GConf was not provided by any .service files)
> > "
> I don't know if jhbuild shell ensures a fresh dbus session bus gets
> started or not.
> If not, that could cause your problem.
> What if you do,
> jhbuild shell
> dbus-launch --exit-with-session bash
> and then type your commands?

Yes, that fixes it. Thanks for the useful workaround.

I wonder what would be the appropriate way to fix this properly in
jhbuild. Presumably the regular non-jhbuild stuff needs to use its
regular D-Bus (and regular GConf) processes, and jhbuild should use its
own, without the two being confused.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com