Re: GConf+DBus in jhbuild
- From: "Ray Strode" <halfline gmail com>
- To: "Murray Cumming" <murrayc murrayc com>
- Cc: gconf-list <gconf-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: GConf+DBus in jhbuild
- Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 17:15:42 -0400
> Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that
> you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS
> locks due to a system crash. See http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/
> for information. (Details - 1: Could not send message to gconf daemon:
> The name org.gnome.GConf was not provided by any .service files)
I don't know if jhbuild shell ensures a fresh dbus session bus gets
started or not.
If not, that could cause your problem.
What if you do,
dbus-launch --exit-with-session bash
and then type your commands?
] [Thread Prev