gconf win32?

Hi All,

Can anyone let me know if gconf is suppose to work on windows?

It looks like Tor Lillqvist put in some code back in 2005 to get it to run on win32, and there are win32 binaries available for gconf on the gnome ftp site. My application compiles and runs with the provided library. But changes that gconf is suppose to record aren't being recorded.

After scratching my head for a while, I noticed that a bunch of applications (e.g. Ekiga, gnumeric) while using gconf on linux, provide their own code for windows. Is gconf on windows something to be generally avoided?

Thanks,
Andy