Re: gconf problems

Le jeudi 15 novembre 2007 à 13:57 -0500, Havoc Pennington a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Does Mandriva still set TMPDIR to your home directory or something like
> that? Do you have an NFS homedir?

You should check bugzilla, I've filled a bug with a patch about that
yesterday ;)

Seriously, in most security settings, TMPDIR is set to $HOME/tmp BUT we
patch gconf to use an alternative tmpdir which is /tmp, so the NFS
homedir is not an issue.

> Try an strace on gconfd-2, and look for fcntl() on a file called "ior",
> see if the lock attempt is failing.
>
> Can also try 'GCONF_DEBUG_OUTPUT=1 gconfd-2'

BTW, gconf-sanity-check-2 is in /usr/lib (or /usr/lib64).

--
Frédéric Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
Mandriva