GConf : Non Recursive Notifications !!

Hi GConf Champs ,

Presently GConf Notifications (provided by gconf_client_notify_add())
are recursive i.e. keys under  a PATH [dir] as well as all keys
within subdirectories  of PATH[dir] are included to notify registered
listeners for key changes.

Say If the configuration structure is like :

              [end nodes r keys,D,D1,D2 are directories]

			     !
             -----------------------------------
	     !	               !	      !
            k1        --------D1---------     K6
		      !	       !	!																			!
		     k2        !        K3
			       D2
			-----------------
			!		!
			k4	       k5

If we add Notifier at D, changes of all key k1,k2,k3,k4,k5,K6 will cause
notification to listeners.

But There might be some applications which just want to listen for
current configuration directory changes[i.e K1,k6 key changes in this
case ]. So It will be a overhead for applications which doesn't want to
listen for lower level key changes [k2,k3,k4,k4,k5]. Unnessasarily
listeners will be called for those uninterested key changes.

So we should think of a Non Recursive notification feature in Gconf
which will monitor only the current directory changes and not
recursively all  key changes . It will remove the above overhead for
applications.

Plz Have a look n Give suggestions .

Cheers:

Umang GUpta