cycling wallpapers

Hi

I want to have my wallpapers cycle or be choosen at random after I log in. I think I can do it using the gconf API by changing the values in /desktop/gnome/background. I found the page here http://www.imendio.com/articles/gconf-gnomevfs-intro/ useful. However I'd like to know if there is a python binding for the gconf api? Or if anyone has any better ideas on starting up with a random wallpaper please tell me.

Thanks