Re: keyboard only beeps

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 02:44:06AM -0700, John Francis Lee wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It has just become the case that my keyboard only
> beeps when in gnome. No action is taken as a result of
> the keyboard strokes and no characters are echoed.
>
> This happened in the midst of gnome session!
>
> What have I done and how can I undo it?
>
> A few weeks ago I noticed that numbers struck on the
> numeric keypad were no longer recognized.
>
> Is this a progressive disease?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> I tried to look in the archives, but have insufficient
> permission, apparently, to be able to view those.

1) This is not the right list for this question
2) Sounds like you've accidentally enabled some of the keyboard
   accessibility tools, possibly bounce or slow keys.  There are
   accelerators that come with the stock X config that enable these
   features.  New versions of gnome pop up a warning about it.  You
   should be able to use the keyboard accessibility capplet in
   gnome-control-centre to disable them.