Re: cycling wallpapers

On tor, 2004-06-17 at 13:55 +1200, sashan wrote:
> Hi

Hi,

> I want to have my wallpapers cycle or be choosen at random after I log
> in. I think I can do it using the gconf API by changing the values in
> /desktop/gnome/background. I found the page here
> http://www.imendio.com/articles/gconf-gnomevfs-intro/ useful.

Thanks ;)

> However I'd like to know if there is a python binding for the gconf api?
> Or if anyone has any better ideas on starting up with a random
> wallpaper please tell me.

Pygtk (http://www.pygtk.org/) includes bindings for GConf.

Another solution is to use this tool (it seems to do what you want,
never tried it). It's a small applet sitting in your panel and seems to
have a setting to change the background on login.

http://earthworm.no-ip.com/wp_tray/

Best Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal
--