Re: Faster automatic shutdown

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 06:10, Sean Atkinson wrote:
> Thanks for the response - didn't expect you to be following this :o).

	:-)

> > 	There are a couple of simple solutions. For a trivial demo, simply add
> > 'ORBIIOPIPv4=1' to /etc/orbitrc on both machines, killall -9 gconfd-2
> > everywhere and it'll work off the remote gconfd.
>
> I tried this, but it appears I still get the same behaviour - while
> gconfd-2 remains from a previous session logins on other machines warn
> that the preferences are still in use.  What were you expecting to
> happen?

	Should use the existing version over the network via IIOP; are you
certain you spelled ORBIIOPIPv4 correctly ? it has lot of I's. Are you
also certain that you killall -9 gconfd-2 _everywhere_ ie. on the source
and target machine - everything needs to be clean restarted in order for
both ends to have IIOP enabled.

	HTH,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot