Re: syncronizing gconf settings on a network

On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 02:04:41PM +0530, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:

> i have gconf-2 working on my home network.  /home is NFS mounted across
> my machines but all other software is per-machine.
>
> The funny thing is that gconf has different settings depending on
> where i run the first gconf application.  i would prefer it if
> i got the same settings without regard to which machine i start
> the first gconf application.
>
> How do i do this?
>
> Can i move the settings to /home somewhere?

Not sure what I was thinking last time, but rereading this mail I
don't understand it at all; your settings are in ~/.gconf, there's no
reason they should be different per-machine. (The *factory defaults*
may be - they'll match the OS your machine is running on.  To use
fixed factory defaults insert a config source in /etc/gconf/2/path
that is in some shared location, then gconftool-2
--makefile-install-rule /etc/gconf/schemas/*.schemas on the system you
want to use the factory defaults from, more or less.)