Re: Gconf/Corba Errors

Hi Michael/Havoc,

Thanks a lot for your pointers.

Michael Meeks wrote:

>         Interesting indeed. the 'BAD_OPERATION' instead of 'COMM_FAILURE' -
> which is what I'd expect for eg. fd starvation etc.
>
>         What gconfd is running ? (ps ax | grep gconf), -1 or -2 ? also, what
> does ls -l /proc/<pidof gconfd>/fd show you ? how many entries are there
> in there ?

- We are using 'gconfd-2'.

For other details:

- After the workaround of removing the ~./gconf* things are working fine
now and am not sure of when it will turn again:)

- Once its occurs I will check the above...

> > CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/BAD_OPERATION:1.0
> > Configuration server couldn't be contacted:
>
>         You havn't by any chance run 'make check' in ORBit2 ? that had a habit
> of binning /tmp/orbit-$USER with all the socket files ;-) if so, you
> need to use HEAD ORBit2, and/or killall -9 gconfd-2 after doing a make
> check in ORBit2.

- No I don't think I have done a 'make check' in ORBit2.

Will come back once I get the above details.

Thanks & Regards,
Raj.