porting to gconf questions

Hi,

I've read Havoc's interview about Gconf and decided it was about time to
start porting my project over to Gconf but I have a couple of questions.

1) Schemas, I understand that they provide default values for the
name/value pairs as well as descriptions of each variable, which can be
used later by a gconf editor and hopefully a documentation system, but
do you actually need one to start using gconf? Can I just create one at
a later date?

2) If applications are supposed to start sharing common name/value pairs
like background image filenames or http proxy settings where should they
be stored in the tree? If applications are /apps/Nautilus etc I am
guessing under /system but has there been a decision on the
sub-directory structure under /system and just where should http_proxy
be stored?

	Thanks

	Paul

--
Paul A Coates, Computing Service       Tel: +44-191-222-7986
Newcastle University, Claremont Road,  Web: http://xander.ncl.ac.uk/