gconf.xml.defaults permissions

I investigated a little further, and found out that /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults isn't included in the debian gconf package. Using a fresh install of this package, I ran 'make install-schemas' (as root) from the standard-schemas directory in gconf src. I get the following :

 GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=xml::/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults ../gconf/gconftool-1 --makefile-install-rule ./desktop.schemas
[...]
Directory/file permissions for XML source at root /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults are: 700/600
[...]

Before running this command, /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults doesn't exist, and after running it, /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults has been created with 700 permissions. So it seems that gconftool is not setting the correct permissions when creating /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults (if I correctly understood how all this should work ;).

Cheers,

Christophe