Re: gconf.xml.defaults permissions

"Christophe Fergeau" <christophe fergeau cig frec bull fr> writes:
> Before running this command, /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults doesn't
> exist, and after running it, /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults has been
> created with 700 permissions. So it seems that gconftool is not
> setting the correct permissions when creating
> /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults (if I correctly understood how all
> this should work ;).

The thing is that if GConf has to create a directory, it will always
use 700, because the directory may be private and we want to err on
the safe side. But if the directory already exists as 755, then GConf
will leave it unchanged. The perms for subdirectories are copied from
the top directory. (This also means that if you chmod -R an existing
directory, GConf will keep it the way you chmod'd it.)

So for the RPM, I has the spec file go ahead and create the directory
755 and included the directory in the package.