Re: [ANNOUNCE] GARNOME 2.17.91 -- "go go gadget garnome"

Hmm perhaps there is another way :)

Say you have the garnome 2.17.90 tree fully compiled and installed and
you haven't cleaned it.

You download 2.17.91, unpack it and then run a fictional "make upgrade".
Before that, in gar.conf.mk you have a variable that points to the
previous tree. make upgrade starts and for argument's sake looks at gdm.
For garnome 2.17.91 GDM version is 2.17.7 and for 2.17.90 it's 2.17.6.
Since GDM has dependencies , gar follows those checking for versions as
it goes and flagging which ones need to be uninstalled and
updated...does this sound feasible?

On Fri, 2007-02-16 at 11:03 +0000, Peter wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 10:54:18 +0000, Yiannis Mavroukakis wrote:
>
> > Hi Stef,
> >
> > Would it be a good idea to have a feature where by the conflicting
> > changes are uninstalled and replaced with the new ones? I am thinking of
> > a "diff" release which is only made up of the new features, which will
> > a)be smaller in build size b)quicker in build time. One avenue of this
> > being done could be by comparing versions of a previous garnome tree
> > with the existing one, uninstalling conflicting/upgraded apps and libs
> > and installing the new ones.

If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and
all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and
notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
intended recipient. Jaguar Freight Services and any of its subsidiaries
each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
networks.
except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized
to state them to be the views of any such entity.
This e-mail has been scanned for all known viruses.