Re: More on: libcairo.so: undefined reference to `FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden'

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 11:29:54 -0400, Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. wrote:

> Ok... That is the first step in the "hunt for libfreetype".
>
> The second step is to repeat this search in /usr/lib.
>
> A GARNOME application may access a libtool file for an external
> dependency that requires libfreetype.
>
> -Joseph

Ah ha. Well, that _could_ explain it. There are a ton of .la files using
libfreetype, some like SDL, ImageMagick, wmf, are probably used by
garnome. If so, that could be a problem, but what a nightmare if I will
need to unravel this!

Anyway, this is a more academic issue than a practical one, in that I was
just trying to get the whole suite to compile. ekiga simply won't at this
point.

Thanks for the followup.

--
Peter