Re: Garnome fails to build ekiga

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 16:45:10 +0200, Maximilian-Clemens Anderer wrote:

snip...
>> > /home/max/garnome/lib/libcairo.so: undefined reference to
>> > `FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden'
snip....

> This is really a strange error, it "should" work, but it doesn't! I have
> recompiled freetype and then cairo using 'make clean' and 'make install'
> in 'bootstrap/freetype' and 'freedesktop/cairo', without success
> the "undefined reference" error remains :(
>
> I am compiling on Slackware-11.0RC5 with a 2.6.17.13 kernel and headers (so I
> suppose it shouldn't be a /usr/include/linux issue.). Thanks for your help!

Problem appears to be that Slack has freetype 2.1.9 and this problem seems
to have been corrected in 2.1.10. Lots of chatter about this one.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2005-July/002083.html

Remember that Pat is always a little slow to migrate to newer versions of
apps which work. HTH

--
Peter
+++++