Re: DBUS Startup Question

Peter,

Using startx /.xinitrc /garnome-session does work.

I launch the X-server and GARNOME desktop by running startx, after
command line  based log in,  which automatically runs the .xinitrc shell
script shown below, which sets PATH and then execs garnome-session. The
last few lines in my garnome-session file are:

        DBUS_LAUNCH="$GARNOME/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session"

        # export variables
        export ACLOCAL_FLAGS ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS PATH MANPATH
        LD_LIBRARY_PATH PYTHONPATH PKG_CONFIG_PATH GDK_USE_XFT
        XDG_DATA_DIRS XDG_CONFIG_DIRS

        # exec GARNOME's gnome-session
        exec $DBUS_LAUNCH $GARNOME/bin/gnome-session

So something is amiss with your configuration.

Connect to #garnome IRC channel and maybe we can figure out what is
happening on your system.

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net