Re: dbus + org.x.config.display0 + security

Hi Joseph.

There is no system installed dbus. Only which is installed with garnome
in (G)/bin. In gar.conf.mk have set sysconfdir=/etc and
localstatedir=/var. Have added next in /etc/rc.d/init.d/garnome:
GARNOME=/G
start)
boot_mesg "Starting... GARNOME on "$GARNOME

## Use GARNOME's DBus, HAL, and Avahi

su -c "$GARNOME/bin/dbus-daemon --system; \
       $GARNOME/sbin/avahi-daemon -D; \
       $GARNOME/sbin/avahi-dnsconfd -D; \
       $GARNOME/sbin/hald --daemon=yes --verbose=yes"

It works, when using /X/bin/startx, with the old X version in (X)/bin.
Not with the new X version 7.1.99.2 (/XM/bin/X with /XM/bin/startx).
Have changed the path to /XM in xorg.conf and bashrc.

When installing garnome with sysconfdir=/etc, two etc dir's are created
(/etc/dbus-1 and /G/etc/dbus-1). All are placed in /etc/dbus-1 and only
dhcdbd.conf in /G/etc/dbus-1.

I have found that /dev/tty7 is switch from root:root to user:users when
doing startx (old version). This happends not with the new X version.

O, now I understand what happend. I must install X as root (forget
this). User could start bin/startx always, but bin/startx (or bin/X)
must be root to have the rights to change /dev/tty7 to user:users.

This means that the user have no change to try the new X version,
without root rights.

Thanks,

Regards,

Ron Wezeman