Re: dbus + org.x.config.display0 + security

Ron,

Looks like a mix up between the GARNOME installed version of dbus and
the system installed version. The socket for the GARNOME version of a
system dbus would be in

        (G)/var/run/dbus

It would *not* be located in

        /var/run/dbus

unless you modified the configure arguments when building dbus.

The GARNOME system dbus would not be started by the message bus init
file in  /etc/init.d unless you modified that file.

What to do...

On my system, an FC4 clone for PPC's,  I created init files for dbus,
hal and friends.  These files reside in

        (G)/etc/init.d

These files are based upon the distro versions, with all internal PATHS
altered to use GARNOME apps

I also created a simple script named flip-daemons.  What is does is stop
the distro versions of dbus and hal and then start the GARNOME versions
of dbus, avahi-daemon, avahi-dnsconfd, and hal.  I run 'startx' after
the daemons have been 'flipped'.

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net