Re: Scrollkeeper-update permission denied and stopping the build

On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 22:49 -0400, Ed Martin wrote:
> i'm not sure if i mentioned this one the list, but the fix was simple,
> iirc it was fixed by running `mkdir $GARNOME/var/lib/scrollkeeper` and
> then running make install again (i might of copied /var/lib/scrollkeeper
> to that location too, but i'm not sure if thats needed), i guess there
> is something wrong with the install scripts that cause it not to make
> the directory (in fact when i upgraded gnome from 2.14.0 to 2.14.1 it
> actually deleted the directory causing it to fail again, and i had to
> recreate it, so maybe its creating it and then deleting it for some reason)

A long, long, long time ago -- i'd actually added a pre-configure:
target in the scrollkeeper Makefile to do exactly this.

I forget exactly why it never carried forward to later GARNOME releases,
but bug reports like this probably mean it should be added back in.

Paul