Re: Scrollkeeper-update permission denied and stopping the build

Samething I'm seeing on 2.14.x and 2.15.x on Fedora Core 5

On 3/23/06, Ed Martin <edman007x mac com> wrote:
I'm running slackware-current(ish), and am trying to build gnome 2.14
from source, i ran into the problem with hald and the broken patch, and
i got past that

now i'm at scrollkeeper-update and i get this

scrollkeeper-update -p /usr/local/gnome/var/lib/scrollkeeper -o
/usr/local/gnome/share/omf/gnome-doc-make
Could not create directory /gnome : Permission denied
Could not create database.  Aborting update.
make[10]: *** [install-doc-omf] Error 1

now why is it trying to create the directory /gnome? i'm installing into
/usr/local/gnome (i chmoded to 777 for the install), i uninstalled my
old scrollkeeper too and it still dosen't work

when i try it as root it makes directory /gnome and then segfaults
leaving it empty, then i tried linking /gnome to /usr/local/gnome and it
still segfaulted, i checked the mailing lists and have found nothing yet

so how can i get this installed? i really want to get this optimized
build build up and running