Re: starting dbus

Short answer: yes

Longer answer:
-------------
When running GARNOME you want to use GARNOME's message bus. The system
message bus needs to be started before the haldaemon or avahi-daemon is
started. These can be started by root before the GARNOME desktop is
brought up. From my experience, these daemons can be started by root
*before* the GARNOME environment is established. The only caveat is you
must be careful to use full path names.

With a minor amount of scripting you can craft startup files that are
modeled after the startup files in /etc/init.d used to start system
processes.

Note that is not really necessary to stop the distro's message bus
daemons and hal daemon as they listen on different sockets.

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net