Aw: Re: Aw: iso-codes yet again (was: Re: Aw: [ANNOUNCE] GARNOME 2.15.3)

Hi Guenther,

you wrote:

> No, wait -- *no* package vanishes from f.g.o. In fact, that is our most
> reliable source, and we'd prefer to have *all* tarballs uploaded
> there. ;)
>
> The iso-codes tarballs vanished from the debian ftp server, which is the
> master source for iso-codes. And no, we do not have any clue why anyone
> ever would possibly remove the previous version, when releasing a new
> tarball...

Yes, it's amazing and also annoying. The package is in the google-cache everywhere , but not on servers. So maybe it's possible to mirror at least the last two versions of the iso-codes on f.g.o? It could help to maintain some fallback mechanism. (Just some thought).

Kind regards,

Stefan