Aw: iso-codes yet again (was: Re: Aw: [ANNOUNCE] GARNOME 2.15.3)

Hi Guenther,

you wrote:

> Have a look at the Makefile for bootstrap/iso-codes. The MASTER_SITES
> variable points to the original location, where that tarball is to be
> expected. Well, to be expected... used to live. Until "someone" removed
> it again. Just as they did with the last tarball.
>

> As a quick workaround, I just put the iso-codes tarballs on my personal
> space on f.g.o for your download pleasure. Just grab the tarball you
> need and drop it into the bootstrap/iso-codes/download/ dir.
>
>   http://gnome.org/~kbrae/garnome/

Thx for your support!

Regarding the storage/download system of GARNOME, I think I've understood it already, since it's always telling what it does when work begins with every package.

The iso-codes problem is not new, but until now there was laying around a working archive for local installation somewhere.

I wonder if it's possible to find out the reason why the packages sometimes vanishes from f.g.o.?!? Strange thing I also found is that the tarball of the new 51.1-1 for isocodes has no "./configure" (but is stated in the docs/package). Otherwise I've had used that one...

Kind regards,

Stefan