iso-codes yet again (was: Re: Aw: [ANNOUNCE] GARNOME 2.15.3)

> > GARNOME 2.15.3
> > ==============
> >
> > The  "It's quiet out there... Yes... Too quiet..."  release.
> [...]
>
> Looks quite good until now. The errors I had before are not gone by
> now, but I should be content. However, there's no "isocodes" folder on
> ftp.gnome.org, which forces a stop in building the system.

Have a look at the Makefile for bootstrap/iso-codes. The MASTER_SITES
variable points to the original location, where that tarball is to be
expected. Well, to be expected... used to live. Until "someone" removed
it again. Just as they did with the last tarball.

As a quick workaround, I just put the iso-codes tarballs on my personal
space on f.g.o for your download pleasure. Just grab the tarball you
need and drop it into the bootstrap/iso-codes/download/ dir.

  http://gnome.org/~kbrae/garnome/

Regarding "not being on f.g.o": I explained this pretty detailed
recently, I believe. Anyway... GARNOME checks some different locations
for the tarball, starting with local ones (files and download
directories), then the GARCHIVEDIR, and after that it tries the remote
locations.

In this case, the explicitly set MASTER_SITES. If this fails (which it
should not...), GARNOME defaults back to the globally defined master
site, which is f.g.o, since most tarballs are located there anyway. So
the last failing download you see is just the last-resort fallback, not
the actually failing source location...

That all said... Thanks for the heads-up. :)  I already noticed that
(again) missing tarball the other day [1], but did not have the time to
fix it yet. We need a more reliable fallback solution anyway. So either
the RT and me will come up with a solution at GUADEC next week, or you
simply can consider the above mentioned place to be permanent. GAR.

...guenther

[1] monkey knows about this -- he logged me screaming and ranting, while
    no one else was around... ;)