Re: Disable '--enable-tests --enable-debug' in 2.15.90 ?

Adam,

I got gaim to build and run by adding "--disable-dbus" to
CONFIGURE_ARGS. Your mileage may vary.

As to your orginal question...  Those flags were set in gar.gnome.mk:

        # No static libs or docs
        CONFIGURE_ARGS += --disable-static --disable-maintainer-mode
        --with-html-dir=$(sharedstatedir)/gtk-doc/html --disable-gtk-doc

        # For Unstable GARNOME, things are assumed to be heavily broken
        CONFIGURE_ARGS += --enable-debug --enable-tests
        CFLAGS += -g
        CXXFLAGS += -g

which magically get appended to CONFIGURE_ARGS, CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS
because include statement in a GAR Makefile,

        include ../category.mk

If you wish to work around these choices, what you need to do is add a
'CONFIGURE_ARGS +=' line to the GAR Makefile *after* that include
statement.

You can the run 'make configure' and examine $(WORKSRC)/config.log to
see which configure args ultimately got set.

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net