Re: PKG_CONFIG_PATH gets clobbered ?

> PKG_CONFIG_PATH would be sufficient.  Turns out that gar.conf.mk
> clobbers PKG_CONFIG_PATH, which means that I'm not building against
> what I thought I was..
>
> Is there a reason to reset PKG_CONFIG_PATH, or was it just an
> oversight ?

The 'clobbered' PKG_CONFIG_PATH is used so that our pkgconfig (likely to
be much, much newer than the one in RH7/8/9) gets it's own paths
correct, we also include /usr/lib/pkgconfig for completeness.

If you need other paths (/opt, /usr/local, etc) -- edit the gar.conf.mk
file around line 107 and add the required paths there.

eg.

PKG_CONFIG_PATH := $(libdir)/pkg-config:
$(libdir)/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig

becomes:

PKG_CONFIG_PATH := $(libdir)/pkg-config:
$(libdir)/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/pkgconfig

Regards,

Paul