Re: GARNOME 2.9.4 (libgnomesu and gnome-system monitor)

Hello Bob,

Bob Kashani wrote:
On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 15:23 +0100, Vincent Rubiolo wrote:
[...]

The problem is that libgnomesu requires root access to do a 'setuid
root' (i.e. chown root) for certain files. If you don't have root access
then libgnomesu will fail to install and your build will stop. The only
solution for now is to remove g-s-m and libgnomesu from desktop if you
don't have root access.
Thanks for your concern. Yes, I am aware of that. I simply would not expect a 'make garchive' have any problem as it does not install anything, merely fetching+checksumming the sources. However, as I look at my logs, it seems the 'install' target is executed when doing a 'make garchive' hence the problem.

I am then going to read in extenso the GAR architecture page (http://www.lnx-bbc.org/garchitecture.html) as I still don't understand many things about it (or are they counter-intuitive ?;)

Vincent

--
Reclaim Your Inbox!