Re: GARNOME 2.9.4 (libgnomesu and gnome-system monitor)

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 15:23 +0100, Vincent Rubiolo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Paul Drain wrote:
> > GARNOME 2.9.4
> > =============
> > (the 'now with even less hair than last time' release.)
> [...]
> Thanks for this new release, Paul. I'm glad to be able to try it.
>
> BTW, I see that you have implemented solution #4 (IIRC) concerning
> libgnomesu and gnome-system-monitor
> (http://mail.gnome.org/archives/garnome-list/2005-January/msg00052.html).
>
> My stance stays the same as before : I still think an unattended build
> system should not wait for user input. I ran 'make garchive' as I always
> do to save the sources and got back to see the whole process was
> interrupted by GARNOME asking for the root password.

The problem is that libgnomesu requires root access to do a 'setuid
root' (i.e. chown root) for certain files. If you don't have root access
then libgnomesu will fail to install and your build will stop. The only
solution for now is to remove g-s-m and libgnomesu from desktop if you
don't have root access.

Bob

--
Bob Kashani