Re: GARNOME 2.9.4 (libgnomesu and gnome-system monitor)

Hello,

Paul Drain wrote:
GARNOME 2.9.4
=============
(the 'now with even less hair than last time' release.)
[...]
Thanks for this new release, Paul. I'm glad to be able to try it.

BTW, I see that you have implemented solution #4 (IIRC) concerning
libgnomesu and gnome-system-monitor
(http://mail.gnome.org/archives/garnome-list/2005-January/msg00052.html).

My stance stays the same as before : I still think an unattended build
system should not wait for user input. I ran 'make garchive' as I always
do to save the sources and got back to see the whole process was
interrupted by GARNOME asking for the root password.

As this is surely an undesired side-effect of the 'install' target, I am
also still wondering why does gnome-system-monitor rely on libgnomesu.
From what I saw from the gnome-system-monitor sources packages, this is
a GTK version of procman, an alternative to gtop (which itself is an
alternative to 'top').
On my Redhat box, the original 'top' is not setuid root so what's the
problem?

Thanks for your input,

Vincent

--