Re: garnome 2.10 compile /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXext

> >>conftest.c:2: error: parse error before "me"
> >>configure:2764: $? = 1
> >>configure: failed program was:

> Had a look at that... and yes i have g++ installed (Version: 4:3.3.5-3).
>   Ive checked and installed just about everything i could find to do
> with g++, but still no luck... Can you help me a little more to force it
> ot use the C++ compiler? Ive taken a look at your instrctions above...
> But cant find a 'conftest.c' file??

It seems that whole problems is hidden behind this:
#ifndef __cplusplus
choke me
#endif

I don't know what a 'choke me' may be; but according to the #ifndef, it does
not look you have g++ installed, or something is missing, or you didn't 'make
clean' in this package :(

regards,
Ivan

--

  Ing. Ivan Noris
  System engineer, Business Global Systems, a.s.