Re: cookieclean target (was: Re: garnome 2.10 compile /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXext)

Hi,

> Here's a not-so-well-known GAR trick:
>
> 'make cookieclean' will do this without setting up GARCHIVE for one
> package only. The 'cookieclean' target will act just the same as
> 'clean', but it will not remove the downloaded tarball(s).

Really not-so-well-known :) Never heard of it :))
Thanks!

> However, using GARCHIVEDIR properly as Ivan mentioned is a good idea
> anyway. :)

Yup. This good idea had a bad background in my case - I've once had problems
with some package; I've tried to compile it once, twice ("make clean" before
each attempt, off course). Installed some deps (not in Garnome) and tried
again. It was something bigger, ~10 megs or more... downloading was slow...
and the compilation didn't work yet :-)

After three or _more_ attempts I finally did NOT forget to run make garchive
before another "make clean" ;>

That's what "make garchive" worth ;-)

Regards,
Ivan
--

  Ing. Ivan Noris
  System engineer, Business Global Systems, a.s.